st: Comparison of coefficients across groups

From   Alina Rusakova <>
Subject   st: Comparison of coefficients across groups
Date   Fri, 09 Mar 2012 19:48:55 +0400

Dear all,

I use -suest- in order to compare probit coefficients across groups and the results suggest that there are no significant differences in a variable of interest across groups. However, a coefficient is significant in one group and it is not significant in another group. Given that  this coefficient does not vary across groups, how can I iterpret the results? Can I infer that the variable of interest is important only for one, but not for another group?

Thank you and best wishes,