Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers
Date   Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:39:10 +0000

I guess many if not most readers will not want a long thread about the
idiosyncrasies of vi/vim/Vim. Suffice it to say that the Windows port
of Vim has a fairly standard Windows GUI so that it is not nearly so
cryptic as implied here. Brendan is here in part making OS-specific
comments, I imagine, although the specific ways he cites of exiting
apply across all flavours.