st: Running Stata on a Unix server -- best practices

From   Richard Herron <richard.c.herron@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Running Stata on a Unix server -- best practices
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:15:06 -0500

My university recently purchased Stata for our high power computing
cluster, and I am considering moving some of my work to the server
(out of the occasional need for more power, but also for the
convenience of one shared spot that works from home, office, or
library).

I have done searched, but haven't come across many resources on "best
practices" other than tutorials on logging-in.

Are there any good resources on best practices and lessons learned? I
have mostly read J. Scott Long's "The Workflow of Data Analysis Using
Stata" and I am incorporating more and more of his ideas into my
workflow. Is there anything unique to Stata on the server that I
should realize early?

Thanks!