Re: st: Use of polychoricpca with imputed data

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
Subject   Re: st: Use of polychoricpca with imputed data
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:25:11 -0500

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Francesca Pesola <> wrote:
> I am working with survey data and have a number of alcohol items which I need to combine; unfortunately, they are not from a standard questionnaire which is why i set off to use -polychoricpca-.
> Once I run the PCA, I use the factor scores as a predictor in a number  of regressions.  When I compare the regression output for the imputed data to that of the complete cases, results are similar.
> Do you think for the purpose of my analyses, the use of -category(manip)- is appropriate?

If you only have missing data in these items, you'd be better off
specifying a latent variable model using -gllamm-.

> Could you recommend some articles and/or sites on how to use the -program, eclass- command?

It's in the documentation: help files and manuals.

Stas Kolenikov, also found at