Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: Copying Stata code with line numbers
Date   Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:50:11 +0000

On Thu, Mar 08 2012, Nick Cox wrote:

> I don't know where Partho gets the impression that "very few regular
> Stata programmers use the built-in editor".
> More seriously, I am happy to agree that good text editors are
> immensely helpful, but I'd place the emphasis elsewhere.

Can I take this opportunity to call a straw poll?

1: Who uses Emacs for Stata?

2: Do you use with ESS?

3: Do you use it just to edit Stata code?

4: Or also to run Stata processes interactively in Emacs buffers?

Context: ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics is
mostly used to edit and run R code, but it has a Stata mode.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology