st: Use of polychoricpca with imputed data

From   Francesca Pesola <>
Subject   st: Use of polychoricpca with imputed data
Date   Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:31:50 +0000

I have imputed my dataset using the 'mi ice' command in Stata 11 and I would like  to run a principal component analysis, using the 'polychoricpca' command, on the imputed data.  I am interested in saving the extracted component to the dataset to use it in my analyses.

I used mim2: polychoricpca varlist, pw score(outcome) nscore(3)

But I received the following message:

command polychoricpca not recognised by mim; try specifying category option

How can I specify the category option?