st: How to convert Daily data with gaps to weekly?

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to convert Daily data with gaps to weekly?
Date   Tue, 6 Mar 2012 21:43:41 -0300

Dear Statalisters,

I'm working with a time series of guava price like this:

input str11 date preco_goi
7-Oct-2004	9.00
10-Oct-2004	8.00
12-Oct-2004	8.00
14-Oct-2004	7.00
17-Oct-2004	6.00
19-Oct-2004	6.00
21-Oct-2004	7.00
24-Oct-2004	7.00
26-Oct-2004	8.00
28-Oct-2004	9.00
31-Oct-2004	9.00
2-Nov-2004	9.00
4-Nov-2004	10.00
9-Nov-2004	10.00
11-Nov-2004	10.00
14-Nov-2004	10.00
16-Nov-2004	9.00
18-Nov-2004	8.00
21-Nov-2004	8.00
23-Nov-2004	7.00
25-Nov-2004	7.00
28-Nov-2004	7.00
30-Nov-2004	7.00
end

The time series is daily but with gaps. Thus, I can´t use the -dfgls-
command, for example and others TS commands.

What can I do in this case? Can I convert the daily data with gaps to
weekly? Is there a better procedure to do the trick?

I would like to receive suggestions.

Thanks a lot!

João Ricardo F. de Lima
Pesquisador A - Economia Aplicada