Re: st: xtlogit, pa questions

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit, pa questions
Date   Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:02:21 +0000

On Tue, Mar 06 2012, Kim Peeters wrote:

> 3. Within each cluster, the response variable is
> always the same (either 0 or 1). As such, is a population averaged logit modeling
> approach still
> statistically valid?

Do your RHS variables vary within cluster? If not, I'd be inclined to
treat each cluster as a single (weighted) observation. If they do, it
seems to me that cluster membership has a stronger effect than the
covariates, probably for structural reasons.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology