Re: st: Data for dependent variable changed after running reoprob

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Data for dependent variable changed after running reoprob
Date   Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:53:36 +0000

. findit reoprob

STB-61  sg158.1 . . . . . . . . . . .  Update to random-effects ordered probit
        (help reoprob, ghquadm if installed)  . . . . . . . .  G. R. Frechette
        5/01    p.12; STB Reprints Vol 10, pp.266--267
        correction to solve occasional abort in maximization

STB-59  sg158 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Random-effects ordered probit
        (help reoprob, ghquadm if installed)  . . . . . . . .  G. R. Frechette
        1/01    pp.23--27; STB Reprints Vol 10, pp.261--266
        estimates a random-effects ordered probit model

shows that -reoprob- is a user-written command from 2001, as you are
asked to explain. I don't recall the author being active on Statalist
for some years. You may have found a bug in -reoprob-, but you'd need
to interact with the author directly, I suspect.

More positively, I suspect there are now other ways to get these
models, but others can give better advice on that.

Nick