st: R: post-hoc tests - comparing means across groups when variances are unequal

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: post-hoc tests - comparing means across groups when variances are unequal
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:44:45 +0100

Annamaria wrote:
"It seems that Stata offers post-hoc tests only for equal variances..."

I am not aware of post hoc tests for unequal variances with (one-way)ANOVA
in Stata (9.2 SE or 12.1 SE).
Ths is probably due to the robustness of ANOVA under departure from the
assumption of equality of variances (see for instance Pagano M, Gauvreau K.
Principles of Biostatistics. 2nd ed. Brooks/Cole, 2000. Unfortunately I
cannot refer you to the exact page, because  I have the Italian translation
of this textbook (by the way, what above is reported in page 224 of the
Italian edition).
Kindest Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Annamaria Gati
Inviato: lunedì 5 marzo 2012 14:50
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: post-hoc tests - comparing means across groups when variances
are unequal

Dear All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to perform the One-way Anova command with
specifying options that provide post hoc tests for unequal variances?

It seems that Stata offers post-hoc tests only for equal variances... I have
Stata 8.0

Thank you,
Annamaria