st: Cannot drop a program

From   Ángel Rodríguez Laso <>
Subject   st: Cannot drop a program
Date   Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:46:53 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I'm working with Stata 9.2.

Some time ago I inserted in Stata the program nt by Svend Juul to
invoke NoteTab Light from Stata. I made a mistake in the orders and
-nt- does not open the stata.log I need. I've tried to drop the nt
program with:

"program drop nt"

to rewrite it.

Now when I open Stata and write in the command bar:

"program list nt"

I get:

"nt not found"

which makes sense. But then, if I write "nt", the program runs and if
I then write "program list nt" I get the old version of nt that I
thought I had deleted:

  1. winexec "C:\Program Files (x86)\NoteTab Light\NoteTab.exe"

Any clue why this is happening?

Thank you very much.

Angel Rodriguez-Laso