st: saving a varlist in a new dat file

From   Osei Kuffour Wiafe <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: saving a varlist in a new dat file
Date   Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:59:18 +1000

Hi guys,

I hope this is possible to do in stata and someone is able to help me out.

I'm taking samples of some data and I have use of just one variable
from the analysis, say varY.
I need to save this varY in a new .dat file, run the the do file
several times again and save the
different varYs in the same created file. I need to compare the
different varY values from different samples and I'm
hoping to save them in one dat file to make it easy to analyse.

Can anyone help me with such a code for my work?

Thanks!
Osei