Re: st: flagging significant values in a variable

From   Partho Sarkar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: flagging significant values in a variable
Date   Sun, 4 Mar 2012 10:00:28 +0530

Fair enough, Nick.  Especially appreciate your elegant one line cond()
code-  I have struggled with this useful but arcane function in the
past!  I still think, though, that the "tolerance" threshold is a
natural interpretation of the phrase " *significantly*  higher/lower"
-it certainly came to my mind quite naturally!

By the way, if I may harp on the side issue of duplicate threads once
more, I (like many others, perhaps) don't get all Statalist posts
mailed to me (unless they are in response to one of my own posts) but
view the archive occasionally, and respond if I see something that I
want to respond to.  So my mailer is not really at fault here!  This
makes such "instances" of oversight of earlier replies much more
likely if a question is posted twice on separate threads (that happens
fairly often).   I wonder if it would be feasible/cost-effective to
put in  place a mechanism to prevent this (beyond asking listers to
observe care in posting).

Regards
Partho