Re: st: missing factor variables in table of estimates

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: missing factor variables in table of estimates
Date   Sat, 03 Mar 2012 11:32:35 -0500

At 10:24 AM 3/3/2012, Brendan Halpin wrote:
I'm having a related difficulty as the following code demonstrates:

   use http://www.stata-press.com/data/lf2/couart2.dta, clear
   poisson art i.fem phd
   est store PRM
   nbreg art i.fem phd
   est store NBRM
   est table PRM NBRM

This generates the following, where the nbreg model can't see the 1.fem
parameter, but the poisson model can.

    Variable |    PRM          NBRM
-------------+--------------------------
art          |
         fem |
          0  |     (base)      (empty)
          1  | -.24280475      (empty)

         phd |  .08183624    .08529713
       _cons |  .37346521    .36445355
-------------+--------------------------
lnalpha      |
       _cons |              -.57963612

Works for me. I have Stata 12, totally up to date. Make sure you are up to date too. Type -update all- from within Stata.

.    est table PRM NBRM

    Variable |    PRM          NBRM
-------------+--------------------------
art          |
         fem |
          1  | -.24280475   -.24715131

         phd |  .08183624    .08529713
       _cons |  .37346521    .36445355
lnalpha      |
       _cons |              -.57963612

If problems persist, write back. Maybe you have changed some default settings somewhere, e.g. with the -fvset- command.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam