RE: st: RE: SPSS to Stata - Variable with 14 digits not transformed correctly

From   "David Radwin" <dradwin@mprinc.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: RE: SPSS to Stata - Variable with 14 digits not transformed correctly
Date   Fri, 02 Mar 2012 08:55:07 -0800 (PST)

You could use the commercial software package Stat/Transfer
(http://www.stattransfer.com/).

If you don't have SPSS software and don't have the budget to buy
Stat/Transfer, you could use the free alternative GNU PSPP
(http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/) to open the dataset, change the ID to
a string, save it again to a different SPSS .sav file, then open it in
Stata as before.

David
--
David Radwin