Re: st: Resampling a vector with replacement

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Resampling a vector with replacement
Date   Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:08:45 +0000

Worksheet here presumably means dataset. Vector may mean vector
although I guess you really mean variable. On using Stata terminology
for maximum clarity see e.g.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-08/msg01258.html

Stata's commands for sampling with replacement fall mostly under the
heading of bootstrapping. However, bootstrap sampling from time
series, as here, is difficult to do without messing up the dependence
structure or invalidating any commands that depend on a prior -tsset-
or -xtset-.

Nick