Re: st: RE: intreg with fixed effects and clustered standard errors

From   Pamela Campa <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: intreg with fixed effects and clustered standard errors
Date   Wed, 29 Feb 2012 20:21:45 +0100

Thanks for your reply

If I use intreg it does not estimate some standard errors. The data are on log emissions; for most of the plants I have point data, but for plants that release substances below a certain level I have interval-coded data. This is how the output looks like:

. xi: intreg llnemissions ulnemissions L1lndistance_year lidensity_bu5 industry_id1-industry_id20 industry_id22-industry_id64 i.countyid if year>=2001, vce(cluster firm_code) i.countyid _Icountyid_1-1568 (_Icountyid_1 for coun~id==01001 omitted)
note: industry_id35 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id36 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id38 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id39 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id41 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id42 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id46 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id49 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id54 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id55 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id56 omitted because of collinearity
note: industry_id61 omitted because of collinearity
note: _Icountyid_1232 omitted because of collinearity
note: _Icountyid_1373 omitted because of collinearity

Fitting constant-only model:

Iteration 0:   log pseudolikelihood = -421061.15
Iteration 1:   log pseudolikelihood = -420990.91
Iteration 2:   log pseudolikelihood = -420990.91

Fitting full model:

Iteration 0:   log pseudolikelihood = -407783.52
Iteration 1:   log pseudolikelihood = -407606.27
Iteration 2:   log pseudolikelihood = -407606.26

Interval regression                         Number of obs   =   134769
                                            Wald chi2(1574) =       0.00
Log pseudolikelihood = -407606.26           Prob > chi2     =     1.0000

(Std. Err. adjusted for 24839 clusters in firm_code)
             |               Robust
| Coef. Std. Err. z P>|z| [95% Conf. Interval]
L1lndistan~r | -.0103242 . . . . . lidensity_~5 | -.4127465 . . . . . and the standard errors are also not estimated for some industry and county fixed effects

Thanks
Pamela