st: RE: using IV estimation with spatial econometrics

Subject   st: RE: using IV estimation with spatial econometrics
Date   Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:23:53 -0000

Henrique,

A short comment on just one of your points:

> 2) In other cases, the test
> results seem to contradict each other: for example, in the
> sub-identification and weak identification test, the null is
> rejected and in the over-identifying restrictions testing the
> instruments are checked valid.

This isn't a contradiction.  Rejection of the under- and weak-identification tests implies the model is identified (which I would guess is welcome news).  Failure to reject the over-identifying restrictions implies these restrictions are satisfied (which is probably also welcome news).

Cheers,
Mark

registered under charity number SC000278.

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012