Re: st: SE erroes for xtmixed-predict fitted

Subject   Re: st: SE erroes for xtmixed-predict fitted
Date   Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:06:58 -0500

I don't know what you are looking at, but yes,I would expect the same or near identical  standard errors under many circumstances.

When you averaged, you are  ignoring the fact that Stata's linear predictors are "best". I don't see show you thought you could improve upon them. I suggest that you look at a book on longitudinal data. Three good ones are:

Diggle, Heagerty, Liang and Zeger, Anal of Long data 2nd Ed
Verbeke and Molenbergs Linear mixed models for  longitudinal analysis
Fitzmaurice, Laird,Ware, Applied Longitudinal Data

but there are many others.

Finally, please follow the FAQ in the future and show exactly what you did and what Stata replied.  It is quite irritating to be told that you had searched and found no answer to your question, when, apparently you had found an answer, but just didn't like what it showed.

Steve
[email protected]