st: Moderated mediation with multilevel data

From   Kris Anderson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Moderated mediation with multilevel data
Date   Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:18:40 -0800

Hi, all.

I have been using two Stata FAQs ("How can I do moderated mediation in Stata? and "How can I perform mediation with multilevel data?").

I am getting stuck on one aspect of the FAQ for moderated mediation. In Model 3, it probes mediation at levels of the moderator but the interaction is nonsignificant in the sample output they provide. Can anyone explain that? (I contacted the authors directly without a reply). In my own data, the interaction of mw is nonsignificant, but when I run the nlcom and bootstrap the results, each level is significant.

The second issue is that my data is multilevel. Does anyone know of a way to run moderated mediation in Stata with multilevel data? When I ignore the levels, I find mediation but I want to confirm it as the levels matter.

Best,
kris