st: Problem while running a simple OLS regression

From   Louison CF <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problem while running a simple OLS regression
Date   Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:37:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

Despite my researches I have found nothing helpful yet to solve my problem, so I take the liberty to send an email to statalist. Please excuse me in advance for this question which is probably not the most interesting for advanced stata users.

Here is my problem: I want to run a simple ols regression with 6 variables (dependant variable + 5), and for an unknown reason, Stata does not run the regression when I include all the explanatory variables, but only when I remove at least one of them. I have tried many times with removing alternatively one of my explanatory variables, and it does work no matter which one I remove. As soon as I include all the 5 explanatory variables, it doesn't work anymore and produces such an output:

. reg logco2 emrightaus popaus gdpcapaus enuseaus co2intensaus

      Source |       SS       df       MS              			Number of obs =       6
-------------+------------------------------          			 F(  5,     0) =       .
       Model |  .021963775     5  .004392755           Prob > F      =       .
    Residual |           0     0           .           			R-squared     =  1.0000
-------------+------------------------------           			Adj R-squared =       .
       Total |  .021963775     5  .004392755           	Root MSE      =       0

   logco2aus |      Coef.   Std. Err.      t    P>|t|     [95% Conf. Interval]
-------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
  emrightaus |  -.0002742          .        .       .            .           .
      popaus |   4.07e-07          .        .       .            .           .
   gdpcapaus |   .0000328          .        .       .            .           .
    enuseaus |    .009534          .        .       .            .           .
co2intensaus |   2.281203          .        .       .            .           .
       _cons |   2.930911          .        .       .            .           .

Only the coefficient column is filled in. I do not understand where this comes from, I have checked my datas and they seem to be perfectly ok. I work with Stata 10.1 for Mac and just did an update-check, it is up-to-date.

I am really blocked here, and any help would be helpful.

Thanks a lot,

Louison