Re: st: Select a particular test

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Select a particular test
Date   Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:22:40 +0000

bysort pat_id : egen select = total(test == "IFA")
by pat_id : egen reject = total(inlist(test, "DFA", "CULT", "BIN"))
keep if select & !reject

Your example implies that some tests might be repeated. If there were
exact rules on such repetition then the code might be shorter; and
possibly otherwise.

Nick