Re: st: Question on esttab

From   Alberto R Osella <arosella@irccsdebellis.it>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Question on esttab
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:32:41 +0100

Thanks Maarten.

Alberto R. Osella, MD, PhD
Laboratorio di Epidemiologia e Biostatistica
IRCCS Saverio de Bellis
Via Turi, 27
70013 Castellana Grotte (BA)
Italia
Tel:    +39 0804994655
Fax:    +39 0804994650
e-mail: arosella@irccsdebellis.it

Il 23/02/2012 12:21, Maarten Buis ha scritto:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Alberto R Osella wrote:
Dear All,
I'm using -esttab- from ssc  to built a table after performing a sequential
logit (-seqlogit- from ssc) but Stata 12.1 on W7 gives me
an error when I use the eq_merge option:
<snip>
Is it possible that esttab doesn't work with seqlogit?
Works for me:

*------- begin example -------------
sysuse nlsw88, clear
gen ed = cond(grade<  12, 1, ///
          cond(grade==12, 2, ///
          cond(grade<16,3,4))) if grade<  .
gen byr = (1988-age-1950)/10
gen white = race == 1 if race<  .

seqlogit ed byr south,                   ///
          ofinterest(white) over(byr)     ///
          tree(1 : 2 3 4, 2 : 3 4, 3 : 4) ///
          or

outreg, eq_merge
*------- end example -------------

I haven't used -outreg- a lot, but I noticed that with keep you just
specified the variables. Often this means in Stata "the variables in
the first equation", and than you would have dropped all the other
equations. This would be consistent with the error message you report.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie