st: How to take into account correlation in Logistic regression using Stata

From   "Tiago V. Pereira" <tiago.pereira@mbe.bio.br>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How to take into account correlation in Logistic regression using Stata
Date   Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:03:03 -0200 (BRST)

Dear statalisters,

I have data for 500 subjects.

Subjects were sampled from a very small community. Hence, there are
participants from the same family (father, mother, son, etc.).

The dependent variable is a binary one (1=yes, 0=no).

I would like to fit a logistic regression model to test the influence of a
categorical variable on the odds for the binary outcome - allowing for
covariates.

In the -logistic- command, the cluster/robust options account for the lack
of independence among subjects.

However, I am unsure if those options fully suffice  (i.e. if one needs
fancier strategies in Stata).

Would it be possible to you to drop some lines on that issue, please?

All the best,

Tiago