Re: st: error ocurred loading .ado file (ccmatch.ado)

From   Muhammad Anees <>
Subject   Re: st: error ocurred loading .ado file (ccmatch.ado)
Date   Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:52:55 +0500

This problem can arise because the command is not installed, So check
from command line what -findit ccmatch- results.

You will get

ccmatch from
    ccmatch can be used to generate case-control matches in your data based on
    criteria specified in other variables. / by Daniel Elwood Cook

ccmatch from
    'CCMATCH': module to match observations on specified criteria / ccmatch
    allows you to match observations (individuals) on the / basis of any
    specified variables.  / KW: data management / KW: matching / Requires:
    Stata version 11 / Distribution-Date: 20111213 / Author: Daniel E. Cook,

Now you can click on the first line of each section and install it for use.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Benjamin Niug
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am faced with the following problem/curiosity: I have installed the
> ccmatch.ado file. It worked nice some time ago.
> However, whenever I execute the command -ccmatch-, I get the following
> error code:
> "unrecognized command:  < invalid command name
> (error occurred while loading ccmatch.ado)
> r(199);"
> All my other .ado files (basic and plus) seem to work fine and I am
> using STATA 11. I tried to delete and reinstall the .ado and but it
> did not work. Do you have a suggestion what to do?
> Thanks in advance.
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Muhammad Anees
Assistant Professor/Programme Coordinator
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
Attock 43600, Pakistan