Re: st: Re: calculating proportions

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: calculating proportions
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:12:58 +0000

If I understand you correctly, the calculations below will give you
the ingredients you want, or hints on how to get them. As before
-relrank- (Ben Jann) is from SSC.

sysuse auto, clear
contract mpg foreign
relrank mpg if foreign [fw=_freq] , ref(mpg if !foreign) gen(F)
gen negmpg = -mpg
relrank negmpg if foreign [fw=_freq] , ref(negmpg if !foreign) gen(G)
replace G = 1 - G
gen H  = F - G
l mpg F G H