Re: st: transforming observations

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: transforming observations
Date   Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:54:36 +0000

Your example is a little fuzzy. What is it that you already have, x or
temp or both?

But you can create a new variable like this

gen x = cond(temp <= 0, 0, cond(temp == 30, 1, temp))

To do this for several variables use a -foreach- loop.

Nick