st: combining datasets with population weights

From   Kyleigh Schraeder <kyschraeder@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: combining datasets with population weights
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:05:26 -0500

I would like to compare means and percentages of variables from a
small sample dataset to a large population national dataset.  Both
datasets have the same variables.  However, the population dataset has
population weights.  I have stset the population dataset but I need to
combine the two datasets in order to run chi square analyses.  I am
wondering how I can merge?/append? the two datasets but still apply
the population weights to the large dataset beforehand (and not apply
the population weights to the small sample).

Thanks for your help,
KS