st: merging datasets

From   Kyleigh Schraeder <kyschraeder@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: merging datasets
Date   Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:03:01 -0500

I would like to compare means and percentages from a small sample
dataset to a large population national dataset.  The population
dataset has population weights.  I have stset the population dataset
but I need to merge the two datasets in order to run analyses.  I am
wondering how I can merge the two datasets but still apply the
population weights to the large dataset beforehand (and not apply the
population weights to the small sample).

Thanks for your help,
KS