st: survival analysis help

From   Eugene DePasquale <>
Subject   st: survival analysis help
Date   Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:14:44 -0500

I am having difficulty with survival analysis with Stata and survival
on the transplant waiting list. There are 2 major possibilities (for
simplicity) - either death on the waiting list or transplantation.
Death is the event, while transplantation would be a censoring event
as I am interested in survival for those who are not transplanted.

event = 1 (death on waiting list) & event = 0 (alive on waiting list)

transplant = 1 (transplanted) & transplant = 0 (not transplanted)

txdate = date of transplant

I am not sure how to set this up appropriately - I have this below,
but I'm not sure how to incorporate the censoring.

stset time, fail(event) id(id)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.