Re: st: hierarchical logistic regression command

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: hierarchical logistic regression command
Date   Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:40:11 +0100

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Maria Niarchou wrote:
> I am currently using this command:
> stepwise, pe(.2) hierarchical: logistic
> which seems to work. Do you think it is a correct way of doing hierarchical logistic regression?

My point was that you cannot (meaningfully) do hierarchical logistic
regression at all, as you cannot compare non-linear models with
different sets of explanatory variables.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen