Re: st: marginal effects + bivariate probit + permutation test

From   saqlain raza <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: marginal effects + bivariate probit + permutation test
Date   Mon, 13 Feb 2012 05:55:02 -0800 (PST)

Dale J. Poirier 1980, Partial observability in bivariate probit models. Journal of Econometrics. 12: 209-217.
I hope this paper give your answer.

Saqlain RAZA
PhD Student

From: margherita Comola <>
To: statalist <>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:43 AM
Subject: st: marginal effects + bivariate probit + permutation test

Dear Statalisters,

I am estimating a bivariate probit with partial observability, and I
am computing the p-value with a permutation test technique (quadratic
assignment procedure). I have two questions:

1) can I compute the permutation p-value of the marginal effects
(rather than of the raw coefficient)? I could not find any relevant
example in the literature

2) if so, which is the formula to compute the marginal effects for a
bivariate probit with partial observability? I am in a situation where
I need to do the computation myself (even if the command margins can
do the job),

I thank you alot,

*   For searches and help try: