Re: st: Best way to export a simple Stata model

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
Subject   Re: st: Best way to export a simple Stata model
Date   Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:48:47 -0500

Unfortunately my colleague does not have Stata. I managed to code most
of it up by hand, but in order to calculate the standard error of the
forecast, I need to export a matrix from mata to a csv or text file.
Suppose I do the following:

sysuse auto;
putmata X = (1 mpg);
M = invsym(X'*X);

Is there a way to make M symmetric and export it? I tried using
user-written mat2txt and mat2csv, but I am getting the following

mat2txt, m(M) saving(matrix_M.txt) replace;
M not found

Any suggestions?