st: imputing data values using hotdeck

From   "Krohmer, Anne (MDH)" <anne.krohmer@state.mn.us>
Subject   st: imputing data values using hotdeck
Date   Thu, 9 Feb 2012 17:59:28 +0000

Hi, I am working with STATA version 10 and I have some problems using the hotdeck imputation command. I am using survey data and several respondents (~100) were not asked a question that they actually should have been asked  so I need to impute these values. However, this variable also has about 10,000 other missing values. How do I impute the variables just for these 100 cases and not impute the other missing cases? I have a variable that flags which cases these are. Any thoughts? Our resident Stata expert is out of the office today.  Thanks!