Re: st: RE: a question on how to create a complex loop

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: a question on how to create a complex loop
Date   Thu, 9 Feb 2012 02:14:33 +0000

I don't know how literally Lim Lee means this suggestion, but note
that " " are illegal in this context and that you cannot use wildcards
in expressions.

The main idea is good and can be put in a single schematic statement:

egen y = total(varname == exp), by(id)

Nick