[no subject]

TCATOG2 is the categorical variable which violates the proportional hazards assumption. This is a tabulation of the variable:

. tab TCATOG2

     STAGE: |
     1=pTa; |
     2=pT1; |
   3=T2-T4  |      Freq.     Percent        Cum.
------------+-----------------------------------
          1 |        658       50.62       50.62
          2 |        291       22.38       73.00
          3 |        351       27.00      100.00
      Total |      1,300      100.00

value 1 are early tumours with better survival and are clearly masking the effect of later stage (value 3) tumours.

Should I create new dummy variables, test each for proportional hazards and re-write the model based upon this? I'm not sure how I should code up any new variables I create.

Best wishes

Tim

_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.