Re: st: change keyboard mapping in Stata 12 for Mac

From   Donald Spady <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: change keyboard mapping in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:13:55 -0700

Just out of interest, why would I put the phrase "Do..." in as the menu title when what I want the menu to do is to move the cursor ahead one character.

Don

On Feb6 2012, at 10:55, Phil Schumm wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Donald Spady wrote:
>> Thanks for the very detailed answer.  I had done more or less what you suggested, and then did exactly what you suggested. But, unfortunately it doesn't work.  I still get a menu asking me to pick a do-file.
>

> Just tried this myself (OS X 10.7.3 and Stata 12.1), and it works.  Are you sure you entered exactly "Do..." for the menu title (i.e., no quotes, but include the ellipsis) when you created the shortcut?  What you enter there must match the menu title you see in Stata exactly.  To verify that you've made the change successfully, re-launch Stata and pull down the File menu; you should then see the new key combination you specified when you created the shortcut next to "Do...".
>

> -- Phil

Donald Spady