Re: st: Re: Nearstat version

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: Re: Nearstat version
Date   Mon, 06 Feb 2012 17:19:29 +0000

On Mon, Feb 06 2012, P. Wilner Jeanty wrote:

> Without more
> information, I find it odd that non-identical observations or areal
> units have identical latitudes and longitudes.

Clearly that's right if you're talking about areal units (of non-zero
dimensions). But if your data relates to mobile objects there's no
logical reason why they couldn't occupy the same location. Think, for
instance, of a time-series of locations of two objects, one of which is
a missile and the other its target.

Or more prosaically, your current GPS location and your destination.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology