RE: RE: st: repeated measures ANOVA to MANOVA - revisit

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <alan.h.feiveson@nasa.gov>
Subject   RE: RE: st: repeated measures ANOVA to MANOVA - revisit
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:01:34 -0600

Just to set the record straight - I was replying on behalf of Rob Ploutz Snyder, who couldn't get his statalist messages to post.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of khigbee@stata.com
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 5:45 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: RE: st: repeated measures ANOVA to MANOVA - revisit

Ricardo Ovaldia <ovaldia@yahoo.com> is concerned by a statement
by Alan Feiveson <alan.h.feiveson@nasa.gov> concerning ANOVA.

> I checked the UCLA page suggested and I did not find anything
> regarding repeated measures ANOVA or MANOVA. I am now very
> concerned about your statement that you "... have abandoned
> Stata's implementation(s) of repeated measures ANOVA entirely, as
> I am rarely able to get it to replicate what I know to be
> accurate with other software". Is there something wrong with
> Stata's ANOVA?

Nothing is wrong with the answers from Stata's -anova-.  Stata's
-anova- (including the repeated measures part) has been
thoroughly tested against several sources.  I am guessing that
Alan's complaint is that he finds it difficult to determine the
correct specification of options in -anova- to do some
repeated-measure ANOVAs.

Ken Higbee
<khigbee@stata.com>