st: change keyboard mapping in Stata 12 for Mac

From   Donald Spady <>
To   Statalist Statalist <>
Subject   st: change keyboard mapping in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Sun, 5 Feb 2012 15:56:19 -0700

Is it possible to remap the keyboard in Stata12 for Mac.  I use the do-file editor a fair bit and it is mapped a bit like Wordstar (for those of you old enough to remember Wordstar, it had amongst the best mapping for a keyboard around; NO dependence on any mouse, just your fingers).
I think the Mac editor probably takes the default from the key-mappings set up in my Apple preferences, but I don't know.

THE PROBLEM IS that one key mapping does not work.  If I press Ctrl-D, the menu pops up to allow me to pick a do-file. I do not want this.  I want the cursor to move over to the right one character.  Is it possible to configure Stata to do that, and to pick some other key-combination to open the menu that lists my do-files?

Many thanks.

Donald Spady