Re: st: -weight- spss: weight by -- telling stata the weight

Subject   Re: st: -weight- spss: weight by -- telling stata the weight
Date   Sun, 5 Feb 2012 09:12:40 -0500

These variables can't be used to compute weighted averages unless the "weight" variables are normalized to sum to 1. And even then, weighted averages and standard errors for subgroups will be wrong.

In Stata support for weights is built into most commands (and into all the survey commands, as Stas suggests). Typing "help weight" would be a good start.

Steve
[email protected]