Re: RE: st: repeated measures ANOVA to MANOVA - revisit

Subject   Re: RE: st: repeated measures ANOVA to MANOVA - revisit
Date   Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:44:40 -0600

Ricardo Ovaldia <> is concerned by a statement
by Alan Feiveson <> concerning ANOVA.

> I checked the UCLA page suggested and I did not find anything
> regarding repeated measures ANOVA or MANOVA. I am now very
> concerned about your statement that you "... have abandoned
> Stata's implementation(s) of repeated measures ANOVA entirely, as
> I am rarely able to get it to replicate what I know to be
> accurate with other software". Is there something wrong with
> Stata's ANOVA?

Nothing is wrong with the answers from Stata's -anova-.  Stata's
-anova- (including the repeated measures part) has been
thoroughly tested against several sources.  I am guessing that
Alan's complaint is that he finds it difficult to determine the
correct specification of options in -anova- to do some
repeated-measure ANOVAs.

Ken Higbee