st: RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Calculatin​g the shortest dist ances between observatio​ns (based on longitude and latitu de)

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Calculatin​g the shortest dist ances between observatio​ns (based on longitude and latitu de)
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2012 16:52:43 +0000

I agree. Kit Baum pointed this out later in the thread.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: 03 February 2012 16:49
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu; statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Calculatin​g the shortest dist ances between observatio​ns (based on longitude and latitu de)

At 05:12 AM 2/3/2012, Nick Cox wrote:
>I can only conclude that the SSC documentation for -nearstat- (SSC) is
>out-of-date and needs to be fixed. That's the author's responsibility.
>So, you cannot use -nearstat- unless an older version is provided to
>you or you upgrade your Stata (not STATA) to 12.

The mata source files are included with nearstat. Can't you delete
the mlib files and recreate them? It seems like this problem has come
up before. The author intended the program to work under an earlier
version of stata, but then created the compiled mata programs in a
later version, and earlier versions of Stata then had problems. I
vaguely remember one of Maarten's programs having an issue like this
and he fixed it.