Re: st: How to drop low frequency patterns from panel data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to drop low frequency patterns from panel data
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:29:18 +0000

Sounds more like

egen tag = tag(ID patternvar)
egen IDcount = total(tag), by(patternvar)
drop if IDcount < 20

For the kind of logic here, see if desired

SJ-8-4  dm0042  . . . . . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Distinct observations
        (help distinct if installed)  . . . . . .  N. J. Cox and G. M. Longton
        Q4/08   SJ 8(4):557--568
        shows how to answer questions about distinct observations
        from first principles; provides a convenience command