st: re: nearstat version

From   Christopher Baum <kit.baum@bc.edu>
Subject   st: re: nearstat version
Date   Fri, 3 Feb 2012 06:23:37 -0500

<>
> However, whenever I run nearstat, I get the following error message:
> (nearstat_calcdist() in lnearstat, compiled by Stata 12.0, is too new
> to be run by
> this version of Stata and so was ignored)
>                 <istmt>:  3499  nearstat_calcdist() not found
> r(3499);
>
> Confusing right? Does anybody know why this happens?

This is probably because the author created the Mata library, lnearstat.mlib, on Stata 12. This is a similar problem to a thread last week. If you delete the .mlib file, restart Stata, and then do

do nearstat.mata  (from your /ado/plus/n directory)

nearstat should compile the appropriate Mata code on the fly and run. You would have to do this in each session.

Ultimately the answer is for the author to create the Mata library using a copy of Stata 10.1 if he wants the routine to be available to Stata 10.1, 11, 12, 12.1...

Kit