st: Pie charts - wrong colors when re-sized

From   "Allan Reese (Cefas)" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Pie charts - wrong colors when re-sized
Date   Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:50:21 -0000

I've just reported a bug to Tech support.  I'm using Stata 11 IC in Win NT on a Dell laptop.  The effect is seen when drawing multiple pie charts

graph pie x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6, by(year)

In my data x1 is dominant in every year - about 80%.  But if I pull the graph window to different sizes, the sector corresponding to x1 can change to a different color for one or more years.  Change the window size and different years change.  Copy/paste the graph window and the sector colors are correct, but saving the window to a TIF file saved the wrongly colored image.

As a further hint, the current dataset has 1400 obs.  When cut it to 500 obs, it was more difficult to get the color changes; when cut to 100 obs the colors did not change with window size.

Interested if others have seen the same effect on other hardware.