RE: st: Testing the extent of difference between two coefficients in the same model

From   Erik Aadland <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Testing the extent of difference between two coefficients in the same model
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:55:58 +0000

Thanks again.

When performing the one-sided z-test of one of my new coeff >= old coeff sets, I get a non-significant result from the Wald test in the first step.
I.e. prob > chi2 = 0.15. This result suggests that I cannot reject the equality hypothesis for this set of coefficients. However, in the second step, I get a p-value that is larger than .05 suggesting that I cannot reject the hypothesis that new coeff >= old coeff.

Do these results simply suggest that the I cannot rule out that the coefficients are equal? Should I pay equal attention to both steps in the test, or do I focus on the results obtained in the second step?

Sincerely,

Erik.