RE: st: spmat idistance error

From   Ajita Atreya <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: spmat idistance error
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2012 04:13:29 +0000

Hi Rafal,

I could eventually create an inverse distance matrix when I worked in a 64bit computer(stataIC 12 (64BIT)) but was unable to execute in 32 bit (StataIC 12 (32bit)). However, when I tried to use my matrix in spreg command I got the following error message after running for about 9hrs.

SPMAT_matop():  3900  out of memory          SPIVREG_main():     -  function returned error                 <istmt>:     -  function returned errorI wanted to check if Mac version of stata would work for me. Unfortunately, I got an error message:

"Division by zero: Two or more spatial units have same coordinates" when I used the code: spmat idistance idoug longitude latitude,id(_ID)
dfunction(dhaversine) normalize(minmax) vtruncate(1/.1) banded.

This is the same code that worked in 64 bit computer. I really don't understand what's going on??? Could you please help me sort this out.

PS. I have repeated observation of the same property and that is very important for my analysis.

Thank you in advance

Ajita
University of Georgia