st: carryforward

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: carryforward
Date   Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:28:54 -0500

Hello All,
Thanks to Kit Baum, a new version of carryforward.hlp is now on SSC.

In response to some recent exchanges, I have enhanced the .hlp file to explain when carryforward is appropriate -- and when it is not (for imputing missing values).

The program is unchanged from the version uploaded on Jan 22, 2012.

Interested users can ...
ssc desc carryforward
ssc inst carryforward

Thanks to those who alerted me to the need for refining the explanation.
--David