st: xtmixed with repeated measurements at each time point

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtmixed with repeated measurements at each time point
Date   Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:07:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have longitudinal data where each patient is tested with two different methods at 4 discrete time points. We are interested in testing whether the two methods differ (compare means). Because the observations are conditionally independent at each time point, I used a pair t-test to test means at each time point. However, that approach ignores the longitudinal nature of the data, so I was wandering how I can use -xtmixed- to compare the two methods while taking into account that each patient is tested twice, once with each method, at each time point.

Thank you,
Ricardo.

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Statistician